Today is my last day at my temporary gig. It’s a little more than just grabbing my coffee cup and leaving; I’ve been here for 13 months.
They’ve decided to throw me a party. Which means I’ll be doing my best to blush and stammering a lot. I like attention, I’m not a hermit, but I don’t like being the center of attention!
I’m going to be ‘unemployed’ next week (by choice, need a break, going to go hang out in the woods for a while), but I have a feeling the agency I work for is already lining something up for me.
It still kinda sucks, because I like most of the people I work with.
Ach, weel, since it’s St. Patrick’s Day, and I am known amongst my family members as “The Irish One” due solely to the fact that, amongst our motley collection of Scotch-Irish-Spanish-N.Am.Native-German-Italian genetics, I’m the only person in the entire family (60+ people!) that sunburns. Therefore, I give you the litany I wrote for last St. Paddy’s Day. And now:
The Top Ten Irish-y Songs On My IPod
(Which are pretty much all Gaelic Storm and Great Big Sea songs, what can I say?)
- Vertigo – U2
- Punjab Paddy – Gaelic Storm
- March of Cambreadth – Heather Alexander [Click here, then scroll down to find a link to the MP3.]
- I’m a Rover – Great Big Sea
- An Cailin Deas Rua – Gaelic Storm
- The Night Pat Murphy Died – Great Big Sea
- I Miss My Home – Gaelic Storm
- Run Runaway – Great Big Sea
- Something To It – Great Big Sea
- Whiskey in the Jar – Unknown Singers in a Bar That I Just Happened To Have My Laptop and Mike Running So You Mostly Hear My Slurred Attempts and Laughing.