For rather obvious reasons, a lot of people have been getting to my blog through various search combinations of ‘lent’, ‘meat’, and ‘vegetarian’. Not one, not two, but
FOUR FIVE! HOLY CRAP! LOADS of people got to my blog using the search string “Can You Eat Chicken In Lent If You’re Catholic?”
Of course you can. Whether or not you should is between you and God.
And, you know, shouldn’t you be asking a priest or spiritual advisor or someone in your parish instead of, like, Google?
Edit 3-14-07: More people every day get here by this search string, or its cousins. So, here it is: Roman Catholics are to abstain from meat every Friday of the year, which includes Lent. Eastern Orthodox have a much more complex system that does turn vegan (no cheese no eggs no fish) at times. No matter what denomination you are, consult your spiritual advisor before taking on any spiritual discipline like abstinence or fasting or praying the Daily Office, not some wierd woman on the Internet. And chicken is MEAT! OH MY GOD WHERE WERE YOU DURING BIOLOGY CLASS?!?
And now, it’s time for Friday Playlist Fun and Games. This is the time of the week where I hit shuffle on my iPod and post the first ten songs to pop up, so everyone can point and laugh.
- Roxanne – MPS Moulin Rouge
- One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer – John Lee Hooker
- Rest in Peace – Buffy the Vampire Slayer Musical “Once More With Feeling”
- In My Life – Johnny Cash
- Traenme Paz – Patricia Vonne
- Oveture – OBC Monty Python’s Spamalot!
- Sultans of Swing – Dire Straits
- First Candy – MPS Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
- Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band (Live) – Paul McCartney and U2
- You Are My Sunshine – Norman Blake