El Padre me ha tagadno.
How’s THAT for Spanglish? Hee. Beneath the cut is the Seven Things Meme and the Super-Shiny-Salaciously-Slithering Friday Dance Party Remix (by the way, ‘dance party playlis’ seems to be the biggest Google hit on my blog since I started playing along.)
1. Name a book that you want to share so much that you keep giving away copies
Anyone read that thing I wrote yesterday with the huge quote from Neal Stephenson’s A Young Lady’s Illustrated Primer? Yep. I think I’m on my seventh copy of it.
2. Name a piece of music that changed the way you listen to music
The Real Party by Mary Mary. I heard the song on a Sony commercial, and it wasn’t until I downloaded it off of iTunes and listened to the whole thing that I realised it’s a praise chorus. I’ve downloaded a few more songs in this vein since then.
3. Name a film you can watch again and again without fatigue
Well, I watched Snakes on a Plane 3 times on Monday…
4. Name a performer for whom you suspend all disbelief
5. Name a work of art you’d like to live with
There’s this painting in the Freer Gallery at the Smithsonian by James McNeil Whistler of a woman in a blue dress. I can’t find a picture of it, but it’s very similar to this drawing.
6. Name a work of fiction which has penetrated your real life
I’m not entirely sure what this means, but I was going through some of the original fiction I’ve written over the last decade or so, and I discovered that I kept writing about community/communal living. And now, suddenly, I’m living in a house with six other people. And they’re building forts in the basement and have created The Cool Kidz Club (I really wish I was making this up)…
7. Name a punch line that always makes you laugh
“And then he died.”
As for tagging… I tag everyone who is wearing an article of clothing that has white on it. HA! FEAR THE ELEMENTARY TEACHER!
Super-Shiny-Salaciously-Slithering Friday Dance Party Remix
Ah, the playing of the Snakes on a Plane soundtrack non-stop has caused them to be selected more frequently when I hit ‘shuffle’.
1. Snakes on a Plane (Bring It) – Cobra Starship
2. Lovely Day – Donavon Frankenreiter
3. She Was My Girl – Jerry Cantrell
4. Italian Leather Sofa – Cake
5. Something To It – Great Big Sea (and now I’m CRYING AT WORK BAD iPOD!)
6. Warlocks – Red Hot Chili Peppers
7. General Taylor (Live) – Great Big Sea
Bonus Track: Do I Feel Lucky? — Clint Eastwood
8. Of all the Gin Joints in All the World — Fall Out Boy
9. The House Wins — Ok Go
10. Shake a Tail Feather — Ray Charles